Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Fifth Graders,

I hope you are enjoying the summer, I can't believe we start school in just two weeks. I am looking forward to meeting you and hearing all about the interesting and fun things you were able to do over vacation. I have had a great summer spending time with my children and making my very first trip to New Orleans, LA. I have also been busy getting our classroom ready. I have many exciting plans for the year and am eager for it to begin.

I hope to make fifth grade an exciting and memorable year for you. I want to make our classroom a creative place, filled with learning activities, challenging projects, great achievement and lasting friendships. If we work together we can make this a special year.

Here is a short list of supplies to start the year off. Please bring them on the first day of school, if you are able.

Pink Pearl or pencil-top erasers
1 or 2 chapter books of your choice for independent reading
A water bottle marked with your name on it - essential for hot days
3 containers of disinfecting wipes (not baby wipes) - we go through a lot of these!
3 boxes of tissues
3 packs post-it notes (3" x 3")
2 Jumbo Book Covers (such as Book Sox)

Finally, the most important thing for you to bring to our class on the first day is a smile! I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday, September 1st.

Sincerely,

Ms. Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment