Saturday, September 11, 2010

While I Was Out

I was out of school on Thursday and Friday to celebrate the Jewish New Year, Rosh HaShanah, with my extended family.  The start of the new year is a time of quiet reflection on the year just completed and the possibilities for the year ahead.  It is difficult each year to take time away from my class just as we are getting "into the swing" of things, but also allows me some time to reflect on how we can make the year the best it can be.  I heard wonderful reports from the other Grade 5 teachers about my classes and how they worked in my absence.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I am so very proud.

One Pine Glen tradition that occurred during my time away was the Heroes' Assembly.  Thanks to Mr. Callahan, I was able to watch video of the ceremony and see our Grade 5 students standing proudly and singing out.  Bravo!



No comments:

Post a Comment