Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome to Grade 5!

Dear Fifth Graders,

I hope you are enjoying the summer, I can't believe we start school in less than two weeks. I am looking forward to meeting you and hearing all about the interesting and fun things you did over vacation. I have had a great summer spending time with my children (my daughter, Sarah, will be leaving for college soon!) and revisiting Chicago, one of my favorite US cities. The entire Grade 5 team has been busy getting the classrooms ready. We have many exciting plans for the year and are eager for it to begin.

I hope to make fifth grade an exciting and memorable year for you. I want to make our classroom a creative place, filled with learning activities, challenging projects, great achievement and lasting friendships. If we work together we can make this a special year.

Here is a short list of supplies to start the year off. Please bring them on the first day of school, if you are able.


  • 1 dozen #2 pencils
  • Pink Pearl or pencil-top erasers 
  • 1 or 2 chapter books of your choice for independent reading
  • A water bottle marked with your name on it - essential for hot days
  • 3 containers of disinfecting wipes (not baby wipes) - we go through a lot of these!
  • 3 boxes of tissues
  • 2 Jumbo Book Covers (such as Book Sox) or paper grocery bags for covering books



Finally, the most important thing for you to bring to our class on the first day is a smile! I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday, September 7th.

Sincerely,

Ms. Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment